IT Business Analyst IV
The IT Business Analyst is accountable for translating business strategies into IT requirements and developing business requirements for IT services. The analyst is also accountable to the IT function for advocacy of the IT policies, strategies, and practices. The primary scope for this position is focused on Real Estate and Facilities, with additional customers/activities as capacity and demand require.
Responsibilities may include:
- Acting as the business analyst for Real Estate and Facilities’ IT applications/infrastructure projects.
- Acting as the single point of contact in IT for a business customer group
- Identifying, aligning and prioritizing business needs for IT services and projects
- Translating business needs/strategies into IT requirements and source IT services to meet requirements (current and future)
- Understanding business processes end-to-end, actively measuring business contribution of enabling systems (functional
business system measures), and initiating improvement to the process and/or systems
- Working with service delivery teams to provide projected service demand and ensure services meet customer needs
- Understanding and communicating with customers on both the cost and value of services provided
- Managing detailed business capability solution portfolio
- Understanding IT strategies and driving solutions to meet standards
- Performing front-end-loading (FEL), business case development and where appropriate, lead projects
- Working with business-unit-specific vendors and industry groups
- Influencing customer demand
- Reviewing range of existing solutions available and presenting options and recommendations to the customer on which ones to use
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or other related Information Technology field
- 2+ years of experience providing IT support directly to customers.
- Proficient (perform skill with limited assistance) with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Real Estate applications and understanding of
processes and functions in those disciplines. Strong business acumen.
- 2+ years of experience as an IT Business Analyst
- SAP experience and or process mapping
- 2+ years direct experience with Information Technology infrastructure and application knowledge/experience
- 2+ years direct experience with project management methodology and tools, including Microsoft Project
- 2+ years direct experience in large (over $100,000) project management and leadership
- Ability and willingness to provide 24X7 support on the infrequent occasions required
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects
- Proven experience with the oil and gas industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- Able to “dig deep” and bring order to ambiguous situations
- Strong collaborative skills
- Ability to translate business needs into application requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to influence
- Self-motivated with a strong customer orientation
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Business process management (BPM) experience - ARIS, process flows, facilitation, six sigma, etc.
- Proven ability to build and maintain key business relationships
- Organizational change management experience
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems holding others accountable.
- Listens actively and invites dialogue to gain a shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve business results.
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
-Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments