• Configure monitoring solutions that connect to applications and infrastructure reporting general health and performance information.
• Assist internal staff with using and understating the various monitoring tools and customizing dash boards.
• Provide support to pause alerting during planned maintenance outages.
• Assist with the maintenance and configuration of JBoss EAP and EWS environments as they pertain to deployed applications.
• Assist with the configuration of JBoss Operations Network (JON) as it pertains to monitoring and configuration management of the implemented applications.
• Assesses and identifies appropriate changes and makes recommendations for implementation.
• Assists application support teams with high level problem program debugging through Java container analysis.
• Maintains an accurate report of available resources across all environments.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University in a computer related field; & 2 years related experience in either Java development or infrastructure monitoring; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must have experience using standard desktop applications including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ssh, and sftp.
• Must possess a good knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to oversee multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
• Must have a firm understanding of Tomcat, Apache and other J2EE or JAVA container technologies.
• Must be able to read and comprehend technical documentation.